Shelly Sanchez Terrell dives deep into the transformative program
From the Cool Cat Teacher Blog by Vicki Davis
Follow @coolcatteacher on Twitter
Don’t walk in the classroom defeated. Make professional development personal. Start tomorrow. It is easy in simple, small steps. For the last seven years, Shelly Terrell’s 30 Goals Challenge has ignited teacher learning. Today, we’ll learn how this “quick goal” technique can transform your teaching.
Shelly wants teachers to tackle small, short goals. They take just 45 minutes each. Small achievements within the day can build momentum in your classroom. These small goals can energize you. Listen to the show. Grab the book. Check out Sylvia Duckworth’s sketchnote. This technique is worth investigating.
Today’s Sponsor: Bloomz
Show Notes and Resources
- The 30 Goals Challenge for Teachers by Shelly Sanchez Terrell
- How can teachers envision their own greatness?
- How can tired teachers develop themselves personally?
- If teaching isn’t about balance, then what is it about?
- How did Shelly pull out of her own depression and struggle with burnout?
- How do unconnected educators get started online?
- What are some fast ways to add fun into the classroom tomorrow?
- What is the purpose of a teaching manifesto?
- Pinterest Boards with Teaching Manifestos
- Why are teachers afraid to write their teaching manifesto? (like me
- Shelly has lots of Pinterest boards relating to the 30 goals.
- #30goals on Twitter
Who is Shelly Terrell?
Shelly Sanchez Terrell @ShellTerrell is a teacher trainer, e-learning specialist, and the author of The 30 Goals Challenge for Teachers: Small Steps to Transform Your Teaching. She has trained teachers and taught language learners in over 20 countries and has been recognized by the ELTon Awards, Microsoft’s Heroes for Education, named Woman of the Year by Star Jone’s National Association of Professional Women, awarded a Bammy Award as a founder of #Edchat, and named as one of the Big 10: Most Influential People Transforming EdTech by Tech & Learning.
from Cool Cat Teacher BlogCool Cat Teacher Blog http://www.coolcatteacher.com/45-minute-goals-can-transform-teaching/