Wednesday, July 13, 2016

Ooh! Grubs and Nematodes

White grubs

nematodes2

Nematodes

Grubs are killing my grass.  I don’t want to put poison into the ground.  What can I do?

There are tiny roundworms called beneficial nematodes. They can kill destructive soil pests in your garden and lawn.  They are tiny worms that infect the grub and larvae phase of these insects and kill them.  To my surprise, a shipment of nematodes includes 10 million worms … and they are pretty invisible to the naked eye.  Did I order some of the kings new clothes?

The-mathematics-of-Nematodes.pdf

For members we have an editable Word docx and solutions.

The-mathematics-of-Nematodes.docx      The-mathematics-of-Nematodes-solution.pdf

CCSS: 4.MD, 5.MD, 6.RP.A, 7.RP.A, 8.EE, HSF

from Yummy Math http://www.yummymath.com/2016/ooh-grubs-and-nematodes/


No comments:

Post a Comment