Monday, November 16, 2015

How should I cook my turkey?

TurkeyPics Should I oven bake it, deep fry it or barbecue and smoke it?  When do I have to wake up to begin preparations? How long will the cooking take?  How much will it cost?  How many can I feed?  Will there be enough mashed potatoes?

I feel panic coming on!

The activity:  Turkey-dinner.pdf

For members we have solutions and a Word docx to amend or enhance our plan.

Turkey-dinner.docx     Turkey-dinner-solution.pdf

CCSS:  Depending on what grade level you’re teaching & what you’re focusing on different standards can be addressed: 4.MD.1, 5.NBT.7, 4.MD.2, 6.RP.3, 6.NS.3, 7.NS.3

You could begin this lesson with this funny but appropriate William Shatner video on Turkey Fryer Fires.

from Yummy Math http://www.yummymath.com/2015/how-should-i-cook-my-turkey/


No comments:

Post a Comment