Wednesday, August 12, 2015

In the Cloud

Clouds
I want to find a way to keep my photos, documents, videos and music in a place that is safer than on my computer.  If my Macbook Air melts, where can I keep my irreplaceable files so that they aren’t lost?

Should I buy some iCloud space?  I found that I could get 5GB of storage free at iCloud.  Is that enough for my files?  Should I instead buy 10, 20, or 50 GB?

At Flikr I can get 1 TB of space free.   What on Earth is a TB?  How should I save my files?

In this activity students learn about computer memory, KB, MB, GB and TB.  They compare four different cloud providers and estimate their own cloud storage needs.

The activity: MegasGigasTeras.pdf

For members we have an editable Word docx and solutions.

MegasGigasTeras.docx     MegasGigasTeras-solutions.pdf

CCSS: 5.MD.1, 6.EE.1, 6.RP.3, 7.NS.3, 7.SP.8, 8.EE.1, HSA.SSE.B.3HSN.RN.A.2

Consider opening the activity with this cute video that explains “the cloud.”

//www.youtube-nocookie.com/embed/HZ-2gYd1Ces?rel=0Video credits: CNN & BroadbandBuyer .co.uk



from Yummy Math http://www.yummymath.com/2015/in-the-cloud-2/


No comments:

Post a Comment